St. John the Beloved School was founded in 1957 his Excellency Archbishop E. J. Fitzmaurice and the Monsignor John J. Lynch decided to purchase a nine acre farm on Milltown Road, which included a nine room house. The school resides on 905 Milltown Road, Wilmington, Delaware 19808.
The school carries on a tradition of over 120 combined years of Catholic elementary education.
St. John the Beloved School serves the educational needs of the Holy Rosary and St Helena’s Parishes as well as all the greater North City of Wilmington and Northern New Castle County. The school provides Catholic education for Preschool through 8th grade. The school has a robust athletics program as well as a variety of non sports programs for all ages.